-2 medium sweet potatoes
-2 handfuls of spinach leaves
-1/2 yellow pepper
-1/2 tin of chickpeas, drained
-50g pomegranate seeds
-pinch of paprika
-salt and freshly ground pepper
for the dressing (taken from Leon Fast Vegetarian Cookbook)
-1 clove of garlic, crushed
-1/2 tbsp tahini
-60ml natural yoghurt
-juice of 1/4 lemon
-1/2 tbsp honey
-pinch of cayenne pepper
-pinch of ground cumin
-salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a liquidizer and blend together, adding a little water until you have a mixture with the consistency of double cream. Season well.
- Cook the potatoes in the microwave for 5-10 minutes (until they soften).
- Once slightly squishy, place on a baking tray and cut each potato into around 4 wedges, drizzle with olive oil and paprika and season well with salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Place the chickpeas on the baking tray and also sprinkle with paprika and cook for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the spinach on a plate and pour some of (to your liking) the dressing over it.
- Cut the tomatoes and pepper up and place on plate with the pomegranate.
- Add the potatoes and chickpeas to the plate and then pour more the dressing over the completed salad to finish, enjoy!
Sweet potato - helps balance blood sugar levels - fights free-radical damage to skin - protects against infection
Spinach - helps strengthen bones - contains anti-cancer properties - helps fight inflammation - helps prevent atherosclerosis
Pepper - promotes collagen synthesis - helps protect against cataracts - maintains healthy blood vessels - contains anti-cancer substances
Tomatoes - helps remove toxins from the body - helps keep blood vessels supple - reduces the risk of prostate cancer
Pomegranate - reduces the risk of prostate cancer - helps keep blood vessels supple - blocks enzymes that destroy cartilage - provides antiviral protection
If you have any healthy recipes or ideas please comment and let me know!