Thursday 31 July 2014

Healthy Eating | Leon Fast Vegetarian 'Pearl Barley Risotto'

This recipe is a bit different as I cannot claim it as my own; I have taken in from the Leon Fast Vegetarian cookbook. This recipe book has the most delicious dishes in it and I absolutely love cooking from it and I just had to blog about one of them. I think my favourite is probably the butternut squash risotto or this one - the Pearl Barley Risotto, I just find that risotto dishes are really easy to make and sooo delicious!

Below are some images of the recipe if you want to try it out, I strongly recommend purchasing the book!!
(you can buy it here)  http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/henry+dimbleby/jane+baxter/leon3a+fast+vegetarian3a+book+5/10060205/



(sorry it's a bit difficult to read, comment below if anythings particularly unclear)





Health Benefits:
Mushrooms - cleansing and anti-inflammatory - feeds good bacteria in the gut - good source of vitamin D - contains anti-cancer substances
Onion and Leek - has a powerful antibiotic action - helps lower cholesterol - feeds good bacteria in the gut
Sugar Snap Peas - promotes a healthy digestive tract - boosts iron stores to combat fatigue - helps fight infection
Barley - helps feed bacteria in the gut - helps lower cholesterol - helps balance blood sugar levels
Lemon - helps prevent kidney stones - helps lower cholesterol - aids healthy digestion - helps remove accumulated toxins
Parsley - supports healthy kidneys and liver 

Let me know in the comments if you have an recipe books you recommend or if you have any risotto recipes!



5 comments:

  1. it was delicious, definitely worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so yummy! I love all the health benefits it has as well aha

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is!! yeah, always good to think that what you're eating is actually good for you at the same time as tasting good!

      Delete
  3. This recipe sounds amazing. My boyfriend is vegetarian so I'm always on the look out for new recipe ideas and books too :)
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should definitely try making this for him, i'm sure he'd love it! and the books definitely worth a purchase!:)

      Delete