Tuesday 5 August 2014

July Favourites

My first beauty favourite of July would have to be my MAC Face and Body foundation. It's perfect for the summer months as it's really light in texture and doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the skin at all!


I've also been loving this very simple, very cheap clear Lash Care Mascara by Natural Collection. I've been using it to set my brows and it's done a great job of keeping them tidy and in place all day


The fragrance I've been loving this month is the Dolce and Gabbana 3 L'Imperatrice Eau De Toilette. It has a fruity yet sophisticated scent and features watermelon, rhubarb, musk and sandalwood. 


My book choice has to be A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. I'd been put off reading it for a while due to the huge size of it but I finally caved in as I like to read the book before I watch the program/film and I have a burning desire to watch this series. I really enjoyed this book and it's not short of action, I highly recommend if you are into action/adventure style books! 


Series wise, a bit late on the bandwagon, I've been hooked on Orange is the New Black. If you haven't seen it, it's about an unlikely convict who is sent to prison and her time whilst there and each episode it features a different story of why a certain inmate is there. I've really enjoyed the plot and characters, possibly too much as I almost finished both series in July! 



Let me know about the things you've been loving in the comments below!

10 comments:

  1. My mum totally loves Orange Is The New Black, she loves it! I haven't actually watched it but I've heard so much good things about it x

    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should definitely join your mum on watching it, it's so good!! then again, maybe best not to actually watch it with your mum, several awkward scenes!x

      Delete
  2. I really need to read game of thrones! I'm so obsessed with the tv show!!! <3

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the plot in general is so good that it works well both as books and as a series!x

      Delete
  3. I think am going to start watching that show, I have also heard a lot of stuff about that show! So am gonna join the wave eh! Right now am watching Pretty Little Liars, so gonna finish this season, then I'll get onto this.

    Rebecca | Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah you should! they're apparently filming a third series now so if you start soon you'll be able to watch that as soon as it comes out!! oh my, i love pretty little liars, such a good show!!

      Delete
  4. I love orange is the new black! i think the characters make the whole show!
    & i really want to read the game of thrones book or maybe i should just watch the show..
    haha

    http://emicphany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they really do! really well casted!
      the book is great but it is massive and quite descriptive so it depends on what sort of reader you are! it's quite different to the books i normally read but i did really get into it!

      Delete
  5. Orange is the new black sounds really cool, I might start watching it haha :) x
    I've done a monthly favourites on my blog as well, so you can check that out if you'd like #shamelessselfpromo haha x
    itsrhin.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should! it's a good time kill! just checked it out, really nice post!! i always reach for my dry shampoo too when it's too much effort to wash my hair!x

      Delete